TERMS OF SERVICE
The following are terms of service for MoltenGold (also called "the artist," "I," "me," and "myself,"), applying to all personal and business transactions and outlining the acceptable and expected conduct when working with the artist. These terms are here to protect all parties involved, in any and all exchanges.
In contacting and agreeing to receive artwork from me, clients (also called "you," and "your") enter a contract with me and agree to all terms on this page, which will not be superseded by any other terms unless explicitly agreed upon by myself and the client.
Where there are multiple character owners per image, but only one payee, these terms will to extend to the owners of any characters depicted in the image.
In contacting and agreeing to receive artwork from me, the client also agrees and affirms that they are at least 18 years of age or older.
• All business will be conducted through e-mail at [email protected]. I will not discuss commissions via personal note, instant messenger, or public forum.
• You will receive email updates on your commission when substantial progress has been made, or otherwise when necessary. You are encouraged to check in when you feel it necessary for updates, assurance, reminders, or questions.
• I retain all rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise for sale, to include it in image packs, and to alter the commissioned work to make it more generic for print at my discretion. The purchase of image rights can be negotiated.
• Clients retain all rights to their own characters.
• Clients may not profit from commissioned artwork under any circumstances. This includes the sale of the digital file in image packs, as prints, merchandise, etc.
• Clients may create prints for personal use (to display in-home or as gifts). Clients may also crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used non-commercially, but may not alter the artwork itself. You are free to showcase the artwork in your personal website or gallery so long as I am credited as the artist.
I do not have a defined will and will-not draw clause purposefully. Though I might not draw something once asked for, I encourage people to ask regardless--I might surprise them. Keep in mind my usual body of work for a guarantee on what I'll say yes to.
Even if I won't draw a client's request, I'd like to make it very clear that I will not judge them for the kinks that I've been asked to draw, regardless of whether I accept or decline the commission itself. They mean something to my potential client, and I would be remiss to judge them for that, no matter how odd or taboo.
At least partial payment is due after details have been established and a price agreed to. All prices, including any quotes given, are non-negotiable. Payment will be accepted in USD only. At this time, payment may only be made via PayPal.
Price-quotes given for work to be commissioned at a later date will be valid for 6 months (180 days) from the time they are given. Beyond that, a commission's price will be re-negotiated with the client at the time the work is commissioned.
I can and do take payment plans if needed, so long as the commission is paid off within six months of the invoice being sent to the client. Work will begin after at least half of the total has been paid off. In the event that the art is finished before the commission is paid off completely, I will send a small web resolution copy to the client. I will send the higher resolution copy only after the commission has been paid off in its entirety.
REVISIONS AND DELIVERY
Clients will have the opportunity to direct revisions of their commission during the sketch/thumbnail stage, and again at the color stage (if a color illustration has been commissioned). I will do my best to accommodate changes, however, repeated requests for revisions, or extensive requests that diverge from the original description or references, may incur separate fees.
For all commissions, minor revisions can be made after the work is complete, especially where I have failed to include something that was present in the original description or references. Major revisions will incur separate fees of up to 30% of the commission cost.
Minor revisions: changes to hands or feet, changing facial expressions, small accessories like jewelry, adding small simple markings.
Major revisions: changes to position of limbs or torso, adding new clothing, significant changes to markings (e.g., changing spots to stripes).
Upon completion, you will receive both a small web-copy of your commission for sharing, as well as a higher resolution copy for personal viewing.
REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS, AND REFUSALS
If the client cancels their commission during or after payment, but before work has begun, you will be refunded, but I will retain 5% of the total cost of the commission as a convenience fee.
If the client cancels during the sketch/thumbnail stage phase, a 50% refund of original cost will be issued.
If the client cancels during the color stage (if a color illustration has been commissioned), or after the commission is complete, no refund will be issued.
I can cancel and appropriately refund a commission for any reason, at any time. In the event that I am the one cancelling, the client will recieve a full refund and any work I've done on their commission.
In the event that a client is unreachable by ordinary contact means (email) for 3 months or more, then I reserve the right to cancel and refund the commission to the same address that paid the invoice, retaining a 5% fee.
If I am the one to cancel the commission, 100% of the payment will be refunded to the client.
When a commission is cancelled before it's complete, the client may keep the incomplete art. I still hold copyright to the art, and left-over art may not be altered or completed by anyone else without permission.
Even for commissions that are not cancelled, I may recycle sketches/thumbnails that were rejected by the client for other works.